Chicken satay is one of our favourite bulaşık at Thai restaurants, but it doesn’t go far as an appetizer. So, here is a family portioned recipe for this delicious and easy meal! Buy extra coconut milk and cook some rice in it for a side dish. And don’t freak out about or skimp on the balık sosu!
I purchased chicken breast strips already sliced for stir fry to use for this, but you could cut regular chicken breasts into equal-sized strips. Freezing the chicken for 15 to 30 minutes often makes slicing easier.
Honestly, I’m not a big fan of using skewers. I never see the point, but then I’m not about presentation either. However, since you are only dealing with the chicken and not a bunch of veggies like on kabobs, it’s pretty easy to thread the skewers, and it does make it a cinch to flip while you grill/cook. Let’s get started with this perfect recipe for chicken satay!
Fıstık Soslu Izgara Tavuk SatayBaskı Tektifi
- Turşusu Malzemeler
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of yellow curry powder
- 1½ teaspoons of white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons of fish sauce
- ¾ teaspoon of granulated garlic
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 10 wooden or metal skewers
- Peanut Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1 su bardağı şekersiz hindistan cevizi sütü
- ¾ cup of chicken broth
- ½ fincan kremalı fıstık ezmesi
- 1 ¼ tablespoon of yellow curry powder
- 1 ¼ tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 ¼ tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 ¼ tablespoon of lime juice (about ½ a large lime)
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and pour over the cut chicken strips. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Prepare the peanut dipping sauce.
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, often stirring with a rubber spatula, and cook for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes.
- Thread two chicken strips onto each skewer.
- Oil cooking grates and preheat grill to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. OR for the stove, place a grill pan with 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken for 5 minutes per side, turning with tongs.
- Serve with warm peanut dipping sauce.